Reply To: Website-no good

Home Forums General Discussion Website-no good Reply To: Website-no good

Jerry
Keymaster

There is no “OIC” but there are Forum Instructions on the web site tab, right next to the Forums tab itself.

For those interested in participating in the Forums discussions, all it takes is to read those instructions, provide some basic information, and dues-paid BUSMVA members will be registered on the site. I check my email several times per day and am pretty responsive to registration requests.

As to participation – well, any new thing that replaces a familiar old thing will be met hesitatingly — if at all. It’s completely up to the member to participate or not.

The primary reason for the change, as it has already been explained in the December newsletter – and all paid BUSMVA members received that newsletter – was the old hosting company was overcharging BUSMVA ridiculous amounts of money for the most basic services. The software – while functional – was extremely old and not supported any more, even by the software developer himself.

So a change was inevitable. The change may not be liked or appreciated, but the change had to happen. BUSMVA was paying 12 times the amount of money it should have been paying for a web site and bulletin board/forum. That is YOUR money and MY money that was being ripped off. I was in a position to do something about that, and that’s exactly what I did.

I hope this provides some context as to what has happened. Participation in this forum is indeed encouraged, and I hope the same Berlin veterans who enjoyed the old system gravitate toward this one.

Webmaster
Berlin U.S. Military Veterans Association, Inc.