Reply To: Anytning to discuss??

Home Forums General Discussion Anytning to discuss?? Reply To: Anytning to discuss??

Jerry
Keymaster

Ed, Over the years when I mention that I was in Berlin ,66-69 287th MP, and bring up Steinstucken no one has ever heard of it and I can see why. What a unique place. Hard to explain what Stein was . Was at a social club I belong to last weekend with my BUSMVA shirt on and the Berlin Emblem and one of the guys sitting at the bar came over to our table and said I thought I recognized the emblem on your shirt. Introduced ourselves , his first name is Paul , and he said he was there 87 to 91 in the 42 engineers. Showed him my BUSMVA card and told him about it and how to join.

Great story, Larry!

The 298th Army Band went to Steinstücken only a couple times during my time (83-91), but each time the people living there could not have been more welcoming. We enjoyed playing in that very small community.

I was surprised to learn recently that the short road connecting West Berlin and Steinstücken wasn’t always there, which explains why the Huey helicopter is on display in that community.

Map of Steinstücken attached.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steinst%C3%BCcken

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Webmaster
Berlin U.S. Military Veterans Association, Inc.